- 1/4th cup, whole wheat pasta
- 3 tbsp, onions
- 1/4th cup, tomato puree
- 3 tsp, finely chopped yellow capsicum
- 3 tsp, finely chopped green capsicum
- 3 tsp, finely chopped red capsicum
- 2 tsp, finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3rd cup, milk
- 1 tbsp, grated cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp, melted butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
Step by step
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil in a deep pan and add salt, 1/2 tsp butter to it.
- When water begin to boil rapidly, then add pasta and cook till it boils
- Drain in a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions until golden brown. Add tomato puree to it
- Now bring the heat to low flame and add milk. Cook it until thick.
- Add salt and sauté for a min.
- When sauce turns thick enough add veggies and boiled pasta.
- Mix well. If pasta looks too dry then add 1 to 2 tbsp of pasta cooked water.
- Serve the pasta hot and do the seasoning with grated cheese.
- 2-3 Year olds
- Energy15.3 kcal
- Protein29.5% (RDA)*
- Calcium16.12% (RDA)*
- Iron4.35% (RDA)*
- 4-5 Year olds
- Energy12.01 kcal
- Protein24.51% (RDA)
- Calciu16.12% (RDA)*
- Iron3.01% (RDA)*
- *Recommended dietary allowance
- In the market, pasta are available in different shapes. You can mix 2-3 shapes together and make the recipe so as to make it more interesting.
- You can add seasonings like herbs as per the taste of your kid.
- If not mix sauce, you can cook either white sauce or red separately.
- You can add vegetables like zucchini, broccoli and even chicken to increase the nutritious value of the recipe.